|Wednesday, August 31st, 2016||Sky High Valley Ranches Ltd.||Whitehorse, YT °C|
|July 2 - 6 2016|
|Can $1,328 + GST/Person|
Room in Whitehorse Can $149.00 + GST add.
|Max. 6 participants / Guide|
This tour is a wilderness adventure on horseback that will take you into some of the most spectacular back country of the Yukon! Ride across majestic mountain ridges, across creeks and through peaceful valleys. Visit our working Trapper's Cabin and step back in time to the traditional way of survival off the land. After a hearty camp dinner, spend the evenings by the fire. Cozy up in your tent or sleep under the stars.
* This week is packed with rugged wilderness adventure on horseback. To make carrying much easier we use pack horses. Be prepared to catch your own lunch of fish from the streams and creeks along the way.
* Experienced Sky High Wilderness Ranch staff will guide you through the pristine wilderness in the coastal mountains of Southern Yukon. On the trail we will spend nights in Trapper cabins and wall tents.
* We do recommend that you arrive the day before your tour. Whether you arrive the day of your tour or days before don't worry we'll take care of you. All clients will be picked up at the airport upon arrival and taken to a hotel or straight to the ranch. Pre and Post nights can be booked for you upon request.
You will be picked up by our van from Whitehorse and we will make a short tour to show you the town of Whitehorse. Here you also have the chance to do some shopping. Afterwards we drive along the Alaska Highway for a 20 minute drive up fish lake road to Sky High Wilderness Ranch. We get the pack horses loaded up with all our camping gear and food and say good bye to civilization. The trail is going steady up and over mount McIntyre to our working trapper's cabin near Coal lake. This base camp is rich in history and is still used in the winter for camping and trapping. Overnight in Trapper Cabin or set up your tent or sleep by the fire. (,L,D)
After a hearty breakfast the horses are brought up and prepared for the day - the pack animals can be left to graze for the day. We go up to Coal lake. If people wish we can take a short fishing break (lake trout and grayling are easily caught here) before heading up to moose flats and weather permitting to the top of double mountain, were we can have lunch while we observe the world far below. We circle a high mountain lake usually seeing moose and caribou. Then we ride the ledges overlooking Coal lake before heading back down to the cabin for another night. Overnight at Trapper cabin (B,L,D)
Horses will be brought up after breakfast and pack horses will be packed for the trail. We will ride down Coal lake. The wet lands at the south end of Coal lake is a series of beaver ponds. We will skirt the edges of this, and up Friday creek surrounded by alpine tundra. It is edged by grass meadows with lots of wild flowers surrounded by alder and willow, which will make a nice sweet smelling fire for cooking lunch. Sheep, Moose, caribou and bears are often seen in this area. We will ride down the valley beside Ibex mountain to our wall tent camp where we spend the night.(B,L,D)
For people that can't sleep, you can try and get up early to watch a sunrise which in June it is about the same time as the sunsets. Again we pack up the horses to make the fairly long trip back to Sky High only stopping for lunch, this time going to the west of fish lake to complete the full circle. We will unload the horses and brush them down one last time before saying goodbye. You are driven back to town to the hotel and a well needed shower. (B,L)
The hotel brings you back to the Airport for your south bound flight or you can join another adventure in the Whitehorse area like canoeing, biking or hiking. Or come back up to Sky High.
|Ξ Wind/Rain Jacket|
|Ξ Wind/Rain Pants|
|Ξ Hiking Boots|
|Ξ Wool Socks - 3 pairs|
|Ξ Long Underwear(pants) - 1 pair|
|Ξ Undershirt - 1 pair|
|Ξ Water Bottle|
|Ξ Light Gloves|
|Ξ Headlamp(August & September)|
|Ξ Indoor Shoes or Slippers|
|Ξ Transfer from and to Whitehorse||Ξ Alcoholic beverages (we buy jointly before the tour)|
|Ξ Last night accommodation in Whitehorse (1 night double room)||Ξ Sleeping bag: CAD $45 each item. Payable upon arrival in cash or credit card|
|Ξ Accommodation at trapper camp and tents - group accomodations||Ξ Meals in restaurants (dinner day 4, breakfast day 1)|
|Ξ All meals including non-alcoholic beverages, except dinner day 4, breakfast day 1 in Whitehorse||Ξ All expenses of personal nature|
|Ξ Use of camping equipment, horses saddles and tack||Ξ Gratuity|
|Ξ Single room in Whitehorse, or pre/post tour night|
* We strongly advise that you purchase travel/cancellation insurance before traveling.
* The camps have no power or telephone, showers are of basic gravity fed nature and not available in tent camp. Shower and sauna at Lodge.
* We point out, that unforeseeable circumstances such as weather conditions, extreme temperatures or illness of the horses may force us to change this itinerary.
* You will be required to sign a "release of claims and waiver of liability form" prior to the departure of this tour.
* Please read our Terms of Business page before booking