|Wednesday, March 12th, 2014||Sky High Valley Ranches Ltd.||Whitehorse, YT -1°C|
|December 18 2013 - April 09, 2014|
Departs Wednesdays 10 am
|Can $1,027 + GST/Person|
Room in Whitehorse Can $119.00 + GST add.
|Max. 4 participants / Musher Guider|
This tour gives the visitor a taste of the Yukon as they experience a sampling of northern traditions. Stay in our cozy wood heated Aurora Cabin, go dog sledding, watch for the aurora, have a Yukon BBQ, snowshoeing, ice fishing and learn how to make bannock! All meals are home cooked by our guides who will tempt your taste buds with northern delicacies and tasty desserts. Spend your last night in the historical Gold Rush Inn. Check out the local shops and buy those last minute souvenirs Meals, accommodations, Boots and transfers included. Outer clothing and sleeping bags available for rent at Ranch.
* Please note that dog sledding is comparable to cross country skiing and does require you to be in relatively good physical shape.
* All our tours are guided for your safety. Before commencing on any trip, we provide basic training on how to operate and ride a dogsled safely. We supply warm high-quality winter outer clothing and boots - if required. All our guides are fully certified, always travel with a SAT phone and a well stocked First Aid Kit on any dog sled tour.
* We do recommend that you arrive the day before your tour. Whether you arrive the day of your tour or days before don't worry we'll take care of you. All clients will be picked up at the airport upon arrival and taken to a hotel or straight to the ranch. Pre and Post nights can be booked for you upon request.
|Ξ Thermal Underwear- 2 long sleeve shirts and 2 pants|
|Ξ Fleece Pants and Sweater|
|Ξ Neck Warmer and Balaclava|
|Ξ Fleece Hat(Toque) or Fur hat|
|Ξ Thermal Socks - 4 pairs|
|Ξ Thin Fleece Gloves - 2 pairs|
|Ξ Head Lamp, with Lithium batteries|
|Ξ Goggles or Sunglasses|
|Ξ Camera, with Lithium batteries|
|Ξ Indoor shoes or slippers|
|Ξ Transfer from and to Whitehorse||Ξ Alcoholic beverages (we buy jointly before the tour)|
|Ξ Last night accommodation in Whitehorse (1 night double room)||Ξ Winter clothing rental of warm Northern Outfitters Jacket, Pants; $35/item, sleeping bag $45 each, mitts $10. Payable upon arrival in cash or credit card|
|Ξ Accommodation in cabins (2 nights double room)||Ξ Meals in restaurants (dinner day 4, breakfast day 5, 15)|
|Ξ All meals including non-alcoholic beverages, except dinner day 4, breakfast day 5 in Whitehorse||Ξ All expenses of personal nature|
|Ξ Use of personal sled and 3 to 6 Huskies||Ξ Gratuity|
|Ξ Musher Diploma|
|Ξ Winter Boots included, all other equipment see right|
* We strongly advise that you purchase travel/cancellation insurance before traveling.
* This Dog sledding adventure is a challenging but relaxed fun trip! We supply you with the best equipment possible and teach you all the important aspects of mushing.
* To participate you must be healthy, enjoy working with dogs and have a good team spirit. Dog sledding is a comparable physical activity to cross-country skiing, so you should be in relatively good physical shape.
* The camps have no power or telephone, showers are of basic gravity fed nature and not available in tent camp. Shower and sauna at Lodge.
* We point out, that unforeseeable circumstances such as weather conditions, wind chill factor, extreme temperatures (-30 or lower), condition of the group or illness of the dogs may force us to change this itinerary. The safety of our guests takes precedence and our decisions are final.
* You will be required to sign a "release of claims and waiver of liability form" prior to the departure of this tour.
* Please read our Terms of Business page before booking